Firstly if you work at a desk for long periods of time this article, sit and standing desk benefits is perfect for you, get an understanding of the problems that can occur when working at a desk, also we take you through the advantages of being able to stand at your desk comfortably, and carry out your work with the help of a standing desk.
Having a desk job can have many rewarding factors, working in an office or working from home allows you to complete your work in comfort, avoiding cold weather conditions in the winter, and keeping cool with air conditioning during summer months.
In most cases, you can wear clothes that are more suited to an office environment, and not need to wear bulky uniforms.
Working at a desk for long periods of time also has its disadvantages, lack of physical movement when sitting at a desk, your posture will be in one position for long hours during a working day, you will not be burning calories which could make you put on weight.
Maintaining Your Health Working at a desk
In recent times Sit and Stand desks have become very popular with employers in an effort to maintain the health and well-being of office workers, In the past workers would have been sitting at a desk for many hours when working and employers would provide a good quality desk chair.
The latest Sit and Standing desks are ergonomically designed with easy height adjustment and carefully rounded edges, desk keyboard shelves, and desktop surfaces are positioned correctly, these carefully designed desks allow comfortable working whilst standing as well as sitting down benefitting your health of employees greatly.
Sitting for long periods of time can be damaging to your health, causing long-term problems.
- Back and Spine Pain
- Slow Metabolism
- Lack of Exercise
- Rheumatic disorders
- Blood Clots
How Does A Sit and Standing Desk Work?
The sit and standing desk is a perfect accessory for anybody who works long hours at a desk.
The standing desk simply fits onto the top of your existing desk, this allows you to raise it up to a comfortable height for standing as shown in this image.
How Long Should I Sit or Stand?
Research indicates that if you are just beginning to use a sit and standing desk it will be more beneficial to start off standing for approximately 2 hours a day. It is also advised that when standing at the desk you should return to the sitting position after about 20 minutes to reduce the possibility of fatigue.
After using a sitting and standing desk for a period of time you could easily increase the periods of standing to approximately 4 hours a day, reducing discomfort and the risks of lower back pain, bad circulation, and blood clots when working.
If you are considering purchasing a Sit and Standing Desk riser we have put together a selection of the best standing desks available, ergonomically designed for your health and wellbeing.
Top 5 Sit and Standing Desk Riser Selections
- TRANSFORM YOUR WORKSPACE WITH A SIT-STAND WORKSTATION: Sit-stand desks are a popular solution to those who want to add variety to the way they work. The DM05D3 black sit-stand desk transforms a...
- ERGONOMIC HEALTH BENEFITS: Studies show that working while standing is more beneficial for you than sitting. By standing more during your working day you can improve your health and wellbeing;...
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Installation is simple and easy thanks to the clever design. Straight from the box, this workstation can be used straight away. For additional ergonomic support, it is compatible...
- STRONG STURDY DESIGN: The DM05D3 is structured with a strong steel frame that is capa-ble of holding up to 15kg/33lb. This workstation can hold a laptop alongside a monitor screen or up to two...
- FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS: Platform measures: 73x59cm/29x23in. Base of stand measures: 73x56cm/29x22in. Height adjusts from: 15cm/5.5in (lowest) – 50cm/20in (highest). Max weight capacity:...
- IMMEDIATE ACTIVE STANDING- smooth adjustable mechanism makes for a seamless sit to stand transition
- HEALTH BENEFITS- Promote better posture and reduce back and shoulder pain associated with sitting
- STRONG 17KG LIFT ASSIST- In one smooth motion with pneumatic spring force go from 11cm to 51cm
- EASY HANDLE-Gas assisted handle allows for easy raising and lowering, non-slip feet ensure stability
- SOLID BUILD- Constructed from strong and durable steel, we include a 2-year manufacturer warranty
- SIT OR STAND WHILE YOU WORK: Sit stand desks are a popular solution to those who want to add variety to the way they work. The DM05D21 transforms a standard desktop into a comfortable workstation...
- ERGONOMIC HEALTH BENEFITS: Studies show that working while standing is much more beneficial for you than sitting. By standing more during your working day you can improve your health and wellbeing;...
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE WITHOUT TOOLS: Installation is simple and easy thanks to the no-tools-needed design. Straight from the box, this workstation comes already assembled and ready to install in your home...
- QUALITY DESIGN THAT'S BUILT TO LAST: The DM05D21 is structured with a strong steel frame that is capable of holding up to 13kg. This workstation can hold a laptop or a monitor. There is also a slot to...
- FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS: Setting up the workstation is easy to do - no tools or fixings are required. Simply lift into place on top of your desk and adjust the height to suit your needs. Platform...
- The desk top size is large and adequate. It fits two monitors easily with plenty of desktop space leftover. The Keyboard tray is long enough to fit bigger keyboards and potentially specialized mice.
- It comes ready assembled you just have to attach the keyboard shelf. The sit to stand desk was easy to put together, four screws and under 2 mins to assemble.
- Very sturdy and well made. This stand is just perfectly designed and built, the X steel frame and the rectangular base give it a good solid structure.
- Moves very easily. It goes together easily and adjusts precisely to where you want it with just a squeeze of the handle. The transition from the sitting to standing is a breeze, simple and smooth.
- Flexible height adjustment. Height adjustment is made from a handle on the side of the stand - you need push down to lower the height. You can adjust to any height between 14cm and 53cm as there are...
No products found.
The benefits of using a sit and standing desk improve your health when working at a desk for long periods of time.
Employers are introducing this type of desk accessory to aid workers with their health and safety during working hours.
By standing for periods of approximately 20-minute intervals during office hours, helps to avoid health issues such as Lower back pain, Blood Clots, Lack of Exercise, and Rheumatic disorders.
More Products You Might Like
We hope you found this article “Sit and Standing Desk Benefits” Useful if you work in an office, or work from home and use a standing desk, let us know your experiences of using this type of desk accessory, leave a comment below.
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API